Texas Photography Forum Rules
I’m posting the rules here because it’s easier to format it and make better sense of the message I’m trying to convey to the group.
Basically the rules of the group are “be nice to each other” but to be a little more specific:
- If you say creepy, invasive, or abusive things, you'll be banned.
- Treat each other with respect, all of the other people you're interacting with have roughly the same amount of feelings that you do. Many photographers, models, makeup artists, etc put huge amounts of time and effort into their work and are not doing it to please you, specifically.
- Constructive criticism when desired is a good thing.
- Personal attacks, name-calling, degrading and/or shaming speech are not welcome and can (and probably will) result in an instant, permanent ban. People do not come here to be hit on or told that they have turned you on. We don't want to hear about how you feel when someone's body, presentation, or gender does or doesn't suit your specific desires.
- Comments showing blatant sexism and objectification of anyone in the photos will be removed and posters will be banned without warning. This includes marriage proposals.
- Please report comments and submissions that don't follow these guidelines. It's the fastest way to get an admin’s attention.
Additionally, self promotion is ok, but of course make sure it’s within reason, here are some examples of what NOT to do:
- Sharing photo-specific events is ok. Club promotions and club flyers are NOT ok.
- Do not come here posting your “Package Deals” we’re all here to network with one another, not be sold your services. There are no “consumers” in this group, but rather your “peers”.
- Do not come here to SPAM. It will be deleted and you will be banned.
In addition to Texas Photography Forum on Facebook, I’ve also made a subreddit on Reddit as well as a couple of other subreddits you guys might find of interest. If you’re not too familiar with Reddit, I would suggest spending the time to learn it, it can drive a good deal of traffic to you.
Thanks and I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and growth in your field and your business.